Apprentice Barber Requirements:
The Barber Apprentice training offered through the Southern California Barbers Apprenticeship Council (SCBAC) is composed of:
A) the Barber Apprentice training through the California Apprenticeship (2 years), and
B) attending Related and Supplemental Instruction (RSI) classes on scheduled Mondays or Wednesdays 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. as designated by the Coordinator.
Applicants must meet minimum requirements of the California Board of Barber Examiners, which are:
Show proof of a 10th grade education or equivalent.
2. Be at least 17 years of age. (Must have prior administrative approval if under 18 years of age)
3. If convicted of a felony all related arrest, court, parole, and or probation documents must be provided.
4. Not have a Barber license revoked.
5. Not have submitted falsified information to the Barber Board.
6. Possess a current, valid U.S. government-issued picture ID
7. Possess a current valid social security card or tax identification number (TIN) card
Click here for Program Information
The application period for Spring 2017 will be from February 6 - 17th. Applications will be available to pick up or download here during that time.
- Please use this Application Checklist to ensure that all requirements are met and your application is complete.
- All applicants must have a sponsor and have the Establishment Owner’s license number and signature on the application to be considered for the program.
- All applicants must show a valid government issued picture ID and a social security card or tax identification number (TIN) card when submitting application.
- Completed applications must be turned in to the Inland Career Education Center, 1200 North E Street, San Bernardino, CA 92405
- The first 50 apprentice applicants with complete applications will be invited to attend a mandatory Orientation with the Establishment Owner. If there are more than 50 complete applications, a waiting list will be started. Waiting list applicants will be called as space becomes available in the program.
- Incomplete and late applications will not be accepted.
- All fees are due at Orientation: $400 for the Pre-Apprentice and $450 for the Apprentice ($850 total fees due at Orientation)
- Now accepting GI Bill funding!
For more information contact Inland Career Education Center Main Office