Hi! Welcome to my page.
The 2015-2016 school year will be my 33rd year of teaching. I have taught at Kendall for 25 years. I have taught 2nd generation students for the past 9 years.
I hear all the time about teachers getting "burned out" and I don't understand it. I LOVE teaching kindergarten! Not a day goes by that I am not grateful for career that I have chosen and the job that I have.
I have high expectations for my students and they usually meet and exceed them. I love that they come in not even knowing alphabet letters and in a few months they are actually reading. I still cry every time a child decodes his/her first word. There is no greater job in the world.
A few fun facts about me:
1. I live in the mountains and absolutely love it!
2. I am very active in my church, our Lady of the Lake in Lake Arrowhead, and sing in the choir.
3. I am an avid reader!
4. I LOVE to travel and have traveled all over the world.
5. I bowl three nights a week.
6. I hold a brown belt in Tang Soo Do karate.
7. I used to write a weekly education column for a local newspaper.