School Site Council
The School Site Council plays an important role in decision-making at Inghram.
What the School Site Council Does:
The school site council is a group of certificated teachers
, classified employees, and community members that works with the principal
to develop, review and evaluate school improvement programs and the school budget. Inghram’s School Site Council is dedicated to work as a team to meet the instructional needs of the children.
When Does the School Site Council Meet?
Inghram’s School Site Council meets four or more times each school year. They have elected to meet on these dates at 3:45 PM.
October 21, 2014
December 2, 2014
January 13, 2015,
February 24, 2015
March 31, 2015
May 5, 2015
Parents, staff and community members are notified by phone call and staff bulletins prior to the meeting. Specific dates are decided upon at the meetings.
Who can participate in School Site Council?
School Site Council representatives are elected by the school. Chair, vice-chair, and secretary are nominated by parents, and a ballot is sent home with students. Staff members are also nominated and elected. The meetings are open to anyone.
Questions School Site Councils Can Ask:
· What are the goals and priorities of our school?
· What data do we have that shows how well we are achieving those goals?
· Are we progressing toward our goals?
· Are there particular groups of students who are not doing as well as others?
· What supports could we put in place to help struggling students?
· How will we fund those supports?
· Do we have programs that are ineffective or unrelated to our goals?
· Is it possible to eliminate those programs?
· How will we know if our new programs are effective?
This page last updated 10/22/14.