Minutes School Site Council Meeting
January 19, 2011
Meeting called to order at 6:40 by Mrs. Mosebay
Introductions by all participants
Proof reading of the minutes by Mrs. Mosebay
Motion made by N. Whytus to approve minutes (minutes from H. Haggerty)
Mr. Jackson made motion to second.
1. Calendar given to attendees
a. Question posed by parent is there a calendar with dates of report cards to be mailed out
i. Yes there is a calendar on website
ii. Answer- Jason Hill district timelines are varied
a. Heather presented information Next text is for Juniors and Seniors who have not passed. The next test in March is for 10th grade (8th and 9th)
i. Question by parent: what is the process for notifying students about test dates or results. Are they ( parents) being contacted directly?
ii. Answer: letters given to students, not directly to families- Heather Haggerty. \
iii. Heather states- letter will go out notifying when test will take place and 8 wks when results come back another letter will go out.
iv. Question: do parents have training on the contents of the test? Are parents engaged in the process?
v. Jason states he understand the concerns that
1. We need to communicate with parents on how to assist in the process.
vi. Parents are stating that they want to see a more firm presence.
vii. Parent question: how often can they take the test if they fail it?
1. Heather answered 5 opportunities during their education career.
viii. Jason states little over 100 seniors who have not passed the CAHSEE
3. WASC- presentation by Jason Hill
a. Defined the WASC process and how are accreditation is determined.
b. Accreditation team will be February 20-23 it will be a team of eight
i. The team likes to speak to a parent who is actively involved
ii. Team recommends a term 1,2,3, or 6 year terms
iii. Parent question: What happens if the school loses its accreditation?
1. A probationary period is given to the school by the accreditation board
2. Jason answers: generally fewer years granted
4. Questions and Answers
a. Has a strategy been developed for exiting students from remediation programs?
b. Gordon will be asked to address this issue next meeting. (put on agenda)
c. On Agenda how can we get more parents to attend?
i. Response: give dates to feeder schools and ask them to announce it.
a. Follow up with seniors
b. Coffee with the principal February 8, 2011 @ 10am in the teacher café
6. Next meeting date Feb. 16, 2011 (Wednesday)
7. Lunch time FAFSA clinics are in the quad Thursday and Friday this week and then Tuesday Thru Thursday through the end of February. Priority deadline is March 1st.
8. Motion made to adjourn the meeting and seconded at 7:37 pm