Welcome to the College/Career Center - located in B-29!
Please stop in and see what is available to assist in your quest for continued success in education and/or career.
Mrs. Phillips has the center open from 7:20 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday - Friday. She is available to assist students before and after school, at lunch, and anytime she has an open computer for you to use.
There are various options available to you and she is very happy to help with each:
- Community Colleges
- Cal State University System
- University of California System
- Private Colleges/Universities
- Technical/Vocational Schools
- Military Service
Our Bulletin Board is located just outside the class - Information on:
- Financial Aid (FAFSA, Scholarships)
- Test dates for SAT and ACT
- Job opportunities
- Community service /Volunteer opportunities
- College Presentations
Mrs. Phillips schedules students through their English classes to research both career opportunities and college options using the Kuder Navigatior software program. Each grade level has a focus for the week -
- Seniors are assisted in the completion of the Senior Portfolio/Scholarship Portfolio, college/scholarship applications, and FAFSA completion.
- Juniors work on researching colleges based on their specific criteria and choice of major/program.
- Sophomores use assessment inventory in order to reserach specific occupations and the educational requirements needed along with comparing various career options they are interested in pursuing.
- Freshman are introduced to the College/Career center and begin the process of assessments, career search, and comparisons.
Work permits are issued by Mrs. Phillips - request forms are available in B-29.
Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA in order to keep permit active - grades are checked by Mrs. Phillips each quarter.
Work Experience Education - 25 studetns are hired through Mrs. Phillips to work in the school cafeteria - openings are advertised twice a year, November and February for possible openings for the coming semester/year.
Mrs. Phillips schedules college presentations and connects interested students with Military recruiters.