Diana M. Gomez
Bilingual Secretary III
777 N. F St.
Ph: (909) 891-1013
Fx: (909) 891-1012
In order to meet the academic needs of English learner students, the San Bernardino City Unified School District will provide every English learner an effective, quality, research-based, instructional program and equitable educational experiences to empower them to become well-prepared, contributing members of a global society.
The goals for English learners have been aligned with the District's Local Educational Agency Plan and the Blueprint for Success.
The goals are to:
- Develop fluency in English in each student as effectively and efficiently as possible
- Develop high levels of proficiency in English and Spanish in Alternative Bilingual Education (ABE) and Dual Immersion (DI) programs
- Provide equal opportunity for academic achievement
- Ensure that each student meets or exceeds grade-level California content standards
- Increase students' positive self image
- Promote cultural sensitivity and awareness
Master Plan for English Learners